Sunday Service ~ 10:00am
Kia Ora! Welcome to Whangamata Baptist Church
We are a contemporary family church, with a passion for God and for our community. We are informal in style, yet very intentional about helping people to become all that God created themto be.
We value relationships – with God, with each other, and with our community. We believe we are called to be a place of hope, encouragement, healing, and refreshing for our community and our visitors.
Our 10.00a.m. Sunday morning service is our main event. It includes praise and worship, Scripture and prayer, and inspiring biblical teaching. The service begins and ends with coffee and conversation, and all are very welcome to come and join us.
A wide variety of other ministries take place during the week, ranging from Whanga Music for pre-schoolers, to the Super Seniors ministry for those 70 and over. Please take the time to read about these and find the one that suits your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you to our church whānau.
Our church is led by the following Church Elders: Greg Nicholson, William Matthews and Heather Corbett.
The church believes in: The true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; the atonement made on the Cross by our Lord for the sin of the world; the person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sanctifies and who sets apart, empowers and imparts spiritual gifts to the church; the inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice; salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone; membership of the church is for those who have received salvation; the immersion of believers as the only scriptural form of baptism.
We desire to reach our local community with the Gospel in an effective and attractive manner. We have regular outreach programmes that are focused on young families, youth, and the elderly. We work closely with the local Area School and with the local retirement home. We are also involved with the annual Whangamata Summer Festival, and with the annual Beach Hop.
The church is presently looking for a Full Time, Sole Charge Pastor.
Whangamata is a great place to live, with an easy lifestyle.
We value relationships ~ with Jesus, with each other and with our community.
Do you feel the call of God to come and be part of our vision for the future?
Can you help us?
We are wanting to employ a Pastor that:
• Is community and youth minded and can help grow our Church
• Care for the spiritual and pastoral health of our church family
• Is in touch with God through giving times to prayer, reading, reflection and spiritual direction
• Gives pastoral care across the generations and relates well with all ethnicities
• Teaches from the Word and is led by the Holy Spirit
• Encourages personal faith development and passion to follow Jesus
• For our job description and church profile, please email Heather, Chair of Search Team, email: email@example.com, and put in the subject line Pastor Position.
• Our office is open Tuesday and Friday mornings and we will respond to any queries you may have, if you leave your phone number. Thank you.